Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2011

Personal Opinion 8: Sexual Abuse Paterno

This is what I don't understand...Paterno told who he needed to legally tell what he heard from the Grad assistant.  If you are in graduate school, you must be old enough that if you witness some illegal act that you should go to the authorities yourself.  Paterno did not witness the act therefore he cannot answer questions about what happened because he didn't see it.  IT IS THE GRAD ASSISTANTS RESPONSIBILITY. I hope because they are ruining everyone else's life this person's life gets ruined as well because it was their responsibility to report it because they were a witness.  And technically if they were of age, which I assume because they were in grad school, witnessing it and then not stopping it makes them an accessory.  They are only coming down on Paterno because he is a big name. Come down on who committed the crime, who witnessed it and didn't put a stop to it, and also who was supposed to follow through with it; not just someone that will draw media attention

No comments:

Post a Comment